Being one of the most important aspects of SEO, a backlink represents a link on a web page that is directed to your website. The search engines, such as Google, consider the quantity and the quality of backlinks when determining the value of a website to a searcher, certainly influencing its ranking in the search results.
The Effects of High-Quality Backlinks
If you share great content through your website, content people want to see and link, you will benefit from backlinks. The more users who are interested in your website, the more they will share your content or link to it, which increases the number of visitors to the site.
Actually, you cannot control who links to your website. The backlinks from websites that have content similar or related to your website’s content are considered higher-quality backlinks than those that come from websites that have nothing to do with the topic of your website.
Firstly, your website should be regularly updated with high-quality content that is of interest to visitors. Additionally, you can take other steps that increase backlinks:
• Establish a powerful presence in social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest, all with links to your website.
• Repair any nonfunctional or broken links on your website. Keep in mind: technical errors run off viewers!
• If your website serves a particular geographic area, look for city and regional directories for local promotional opportunities.
• If your website is a niche-targeted website, look for a directory that serves that niche and make sure your website is listed in it.
• Post comments on high-quality blogs in your niche.
• Select the right keywords for use on your website.