Newsletters represent an extremely important marketing tool used by ourselves as well as by our customers. One of the most valuable tasks for any business is to maintain contact with its clients. Developing a newsletter program with a solid audience will be a very important marketing asset for the duration of your company.
Developing a strategy to attract new clients and to retain existing customers is crucial to successful marketing. Maintaining a company blog is a great way to get your personal message out to many viewers. But a blog is a passive effort, meaning a user must navigate to it in order to get the message. Transforming a blog into a pro-active newsletter program is a logical step.
5 Reasons to Develop a Newsletter Program
1. To increase awareness. – Your newsletter should give enough information to create awareness about what you are offering your clients. People should get a good idea of how it would be to deal with you, or to buy your products or to use your services, so that when they leave, they will feel compelled to find out more.
2. Position your brand. – You should create the best first impression about your company, products and/or services on your newsletter. Customers tend to use your marketing and communication tools to form a impression of your business. Newsletters are an extremely strong marketing tool to differentiate a company from another.
3. To educate prospects. A newsletter that provides prospective clients with valuable information helps them make better decisions, allows you to demonstrate your expertise and skills, and provides a mechanism for staying in touch with them until they are ready to hire you.
4. To provide content for, and traffic to, your web site. – A newsletter can drive traffic to your website or to your blog. The newsletter content can be re-used as content on your web site or blog, generating additional traffic from search engines and social media.
5. Wider reach – An electronic newsletter allows you to reach people across the street or around the globe. The power of email allows customers everywhere to get their news, events and learn about your company’s personality with the click of a link or a button all with your newsletter. This can expand your client base and help your company grow as a whole. Your newsletter will not only show off who you are as a company and your culture, but you are also providing value to people all over the world with content from other sources.